The odds of being attacked by a shark in the US are 1 in 11,500,000, but no one gets mad at people who want to avoid the ocean.
The odds of a woman being sexually assaulted in her lifetime are 1 in 6, but if she doesn’t feel safe around strange men she’s a stereotyping bitch.
Strange old world we live in.
keelah-monster replied to your post “keelah-monster replied to your post “keelah-monster replied to your…”
I might be moving down for a year while Robert gets his Masters Degree if he’s not able to transfer to Temple, it’s warmer than Philly and closer to Dragon Con, plus the campus is really pretty.
That would be pretty cool! Yeah it is a lot warmer down here and the drive to dragon con is much more reasonable. Oh yeah the campus is really pretty since they’ve done all the improvements.
keelah-monster replied to your post “keelah-monster replied to your photo “The boyfriend just got us the…”
That’s so cool! I knew you guys were in NC and whenever I visit him I’m like ‘I know someone on Tumblr who lives in this state!’ I wonder if he’s one of the guys Robert mentioned who complimented his Garrus hoodie now XD
haha oh man, I will have to ask Eric about that because that would be awesome! Yup we’re kinda like middle of the state between Charlotte and Greensboro. It’s nice (:
keelah-monster replied to your photo “The boyfriend just got us the greatest glasses from the bar by his…”
Wait, does your guy go to UNCC? Robert and I used to go to that bar with his friends.
yup yup, that’s exactly where he goes! that’s awesome. A couple friends went there and we started going there too, it’s so awesome.
guys, i just realized
they said that there will be two voices for each gender, across all races, yes?
this means that gwendoline christie might be providing a voice for all female inquisitors
AND IF YOU DON’T THINK THAT’S THE TIGHTEST SHIT, GET OUT OF MY FACE
10 BETTER BODY AFFIRMATIONS FOR YOUNG WOMEN
1. Your body is in flux for the rest of your life. Think of your body as fluid instead of static — it’s always going to change. So get comfortable with those changes.
2. No one will love you or not love you because of your body. You are lovable because you’re you, not because your body looks a certain way.
3. The most intensely personal relationship you’ll ever have is with your body. It’s a lifelong relationship that’s well worth investing in and nurturing the same way you would with loved ones.
4. You don’t owe your body to anyone. Not sexually, not aesthetically. Your body is yours. Period.
5. What someone else says about your body says more about them than it does about you. Look past the actual snark to the person who’s saying it, because it’s only a reflection of what they think of themselves. That’s when you’ll see how little power their words have.
6. Your body is not a reflection of your character. It’s a physical home for the complex and wondrous and unique being that is you.
7. Take up as much space as you want. You don’t have to be small, or quiet, or docile, regardless of your physical size.
8. Everything you need to accept your body is already inside you. There’s no book, or diet, or workout routine or external affirmation that you need to feel good about your body right now.
9. Your body is a priority. It’s always trying to tell you things. Taking the time to listen to is of the utmost importance.
10. Wear whatever you want. Your body shape does not dictate your personal style, and fashion rules that say otherwise are wrong. Dress yourself in a way that makes you feel happy and confident and beautiful, because guess what? You are.
one thing I find hilarious is when Shakespeare quotes are used out of context
like, people are always saying “some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them” as if it’s all deep and meaningful when actually it comes from a prank letter in Twelfth Night
and “This above all: to thine own self be true” comes from Polonius in Hamlet wherein the joke is that he’s an old pompous dude giving a long and rambling speech full of contradictory pointless advice to his son
“Brevity is the soul of wit” is another joke, because again, it’s made by Polonius who will just not shut up
it’s “we are such stuff as dreams are made on” not “of “, as in, “such stuff as dreams are built on”
“wherefore art thou, Romeo” doesn’t mean “where are you, Romeo” it means “why the fuck are you called Romeo, shit, I wanted to bang you but I can’t because you’re a goddamn Montague”
all these lines have acquired a kind of dignity in text that they never had in performance or are constantly misinterpreted
It’s not necessarily bad but it is kind of funny, sometimes.
erection and election are spelled almost exactly the same and when u think about it they basically mean the same thing
a dick rising to power
wait for it
There it is